Gros Morne National Park announced Friday that all waters in the park, including all tributaries and connected ponds, were closed to salmon fishing.
The closure is to protect the Atlantic salmon populations, which the park said in a press release are at very low levels.
A number of waters within the park have also been closed to all fishing as salmon may be present in them.
- Deer Arm Brook (Eastern Arm Brook);
- Deer Arm Pond (Eastern Arm Pond) within 90 metres of the inflow of the feeder and within 90 meters of the outflow of the pond;
- Ten Mile Pond, including all tributaries;
- Lomond River (only the section within Gros Morne National Park);
- East Branch Lomond River;
- Wigwam Pond within 90 metres of the inflow of East Branch and within 90 metres of the outflow of the pond;
- Bakers Brook;
- Black Brook;
- Bottom Brook (St. Paul’s Inlet); and
- Wallace Brook.
The closure will remain in force for the remainder of the fishing season.